Sunday, December 19, 2010

Total Drama Island

Just bought my son the complete first season of Total Drama Island from iTunes - 35-bucks!!!  Gaaa.  Did I do this because I am a super-duper mom?  NO!  It is because I am a sick mom who needed to lie on the couch and watch Total Drama Island episodes while dozing and/or coughing.

TDI is not really a show I should let the kid watch - it's for just a little bit older set (although, he's almost a 'tween' so he's in that gray area already).  He learns so much from the monsters older kids at after school, though, so it's getting harder to police what he does and doesn't know about the outer world.

Anyway, this is one of those shows I talked about in an earlier post that DJ started watching and I caught on to it and liked it as well.  I can attest to the fact that, for the most part, DJ has some pretty good taste in what cartoons he likes to watch.  I was even skeptical, early on in his choosings, about some of them - like, "Sonic the Hedgehog? Seriously?"  And then I'd get all into it and then he'd move on.  The student has surpassed the master. 

TDI is a really fun show in that era of American cartoons that has some continuity and plot progression.

DJ wants to play catch so I'll update later.

DJ picked this pic for the post - it comes from jadore_renard via fanpop

No comments: